The Outer Banks is a primary vacation destination for people located throughout the country. If it rains during your stay, there are many fun activities to choose from for you to enjoy your stay. Check out this list of activities for your family and friends to consider during a rainy day at the beach, whether you are visiting the Outer Banks or purchasing a home here.
- Visit the North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island. If you’re staying near Manteo, consider going to the aquarium. You can partake in special programs like behind-the-scenes tours, arts and crafts, and feeding the animals.
- Go bowling at the OBX Bowling Center. While staying near Nags Head and Kill Devil Hills, consider taking family and friends to go bowling. The OBX Bowling Center is a great place for fun during a rainy day. In addition to bowling, there is an arcade as well as a café with food such as pizza, sandwiches, and wraps.
- See a movie in the theater. Watching a movie during a rainy day on the Outer Banks is a great option to add to a relaxing vacation with family and friends. Check out the latest films at theaters such as R/C Kill Devil Hills Movies 10 while you’re staying on the Outer Banks.
- Play board games. Board games are great ways to spend time with family and friends while on vacation. Relax in your vacation home or second home while playing board games like Monopoly, Scrabble, or Pictionary.
- Visit model homes and open houses. You can visit model homes and open houses located throughout the Outer Banks to learn more about the real estate on the beach. If you’re considering purchasing a second home or a vacation home, you can take advantage of the opportunities to see examples of Outer Banks houses on the market.
- Go shopping at local stores. The Outer Banks has a variety of local shops to visit for unique items to purchase. You can find souvenirs, fresh local produce, handmade jewelry, antiques, fishing equipment, clothing, books, games, and more. Boutiques and other locally owned and managed shops have a variety of items you will be interested in while shopping on the Outer Banks.
- Check out the Frisco Native American Museum and Natural History Center. While on Hatteras Island, learn about Native American cultures and about the history of the Outer Banks. The overall nonprofit foundation works to preserve Native American crafts, arts, and culture. The building itself has a lot of history, such as once being a general store and a post office. Stop by during a trip to Hatteras Island.
- Go to art galleries. There are many art galleries to see while on the Outer Banks. Find unique art at locations such as the Dolphin Watch Gallery in Corolla, Glenn Eure’s Ghost Fleet Art Gallery in Nags Head, and Seaside Art Gallery in Nags Head. Outer Banks art galleries feature a variety of artwork, including art by local artists, so consider visiting them while you’re here.
There are other great activities for a rainy day on the Outer Banks. What is your favorite? For assistance with your Outer Banks real estate purchase or sale, contact Eillu. Our team of experts is prepared to help you with all your real estate needs on the Outer Banks.