The Outer Banks, North Carolina is one of the best places to relocate to and to live. The area consists of beautiful beaches, sounds, and nature, a vast history, key attractions, and more. The barrier island community has a lot to offer, so consider relocating to this area of North Carolina! Check out the list below for 10 of the many reasons to love the area.
- The beaches. The Outer Banks is commonly known for its beautiful beaches. From Carova to the north, Kitty Hawk and Kill Devil Hills toward the center, and Hatteras Island and Ocracoke Island to the south, the Outer Banks has great beaches to enjoy. Have beach days during the summer and go for walks as the sun rises in the fall. The Outer Banks attracts millions of visitors every year, especially for its beaches for swimming, surfing, and relaxing.
- There is a variety of lighthouses such as the Currituck Beach Lighthouse in Corolla, the Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse in Manteo, and the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse on Hatteras Island. These lighthouses have all played unique roles in the history of the area and are popular sites to visit. They are beautiful to see and fun to visit.
- Small-town communities. The Outer Banks has many small communities and neighborhoods located throughout it. You can get to know your neighbors well and be a part of a supportive and friendly community by living in the Outer Banks. There are many community events and festivals to enjoy throughout the year too.
- Outdoor activities. The sounds, such as Currituck Sound and Pamlico Sound, along the Outer Banks are beautiful sites to see. The Outer Banks has the best sunsets on the sound and is a fun place for boating as well. Many people also enjoy trying watersports, such as jet skiing, paddleboarding, and kayaking, on the sounds. Other outdoor activities include walking along nature trails, seeing wild horses in Carova, dolphin watching, biking in neighborhoods, and climbing Jockey’s Ridge State Park.
- The Outer Banks has a range of job opportunities available, mostly in the tourism, hospitality, real estate, construction, and fishing industries.
- Art and festivals. There are many art galleries and art and music festivals to see throughout the area. You can visit galleries to see unique local art and listen to live music during festivals such as the Shallowbag Shag Beach Music Festival in Manteo and the Duck Jazz Festival in Duck.
- Historic sites. Kitty Hawk is known throughout the world for being First in Flight after the Wright Brothers made the first successful flight in Kitty Hawk more than 100 years ago. The first English-born child in the Americas, Virginia Dare, was born in Roanoke Island. The Outer Banks is full of a rich history, and millions of people come annually to see these key sites in our nation’s history.
- The Outer Banks is a great fishing location throughout the year. There are many types of fishing to try from surf fishing and charter fishing to pier fishing and kayak fishing.
- Low real estate taxes. The area has very low real estate property taxes, and this is a great incentive to find property along the Outer Banks.
- The Outer Banks is home to some of the best schools in the state. From Kitty Hawk Elementary School and First Flight High School to Manteo Elementary School and Cape Hatteras Secondary School, there are many educational opportunities on the Outer Banks.
The Outer Banks is an exciting place to relocate to for an enjoyable and beautiful environment. For more information on relocating to the Outer Banks and on Outer Banks real estate, contact Eillu. We are experts on the Outer Banks and are ready to help with your Outer Banks real estate needs.